Claim Central COVID Update
Update published on 30th of August, 2021.
The COVID-19 crisis is having a significant impact on our communities and the way we all do our work.
At Claim Central we are deeply committed to helping you, our customers, while protecting the health and safety of those involved in managing your claim. Our priority is to maintain a safe workplace and adopt practices to protect the health and wellbeing of yourself, our staff, our contractors and the broader community.
We are monitoring the evolving COVID-19 government updates and directives along with the impact on our business and the claims handling services we provide.
Claim Central is reviewing each claim job in line with current government directives. Repairs for a claim will only proceed with appropriate risk control measures in line with COVID Safe Plans. The claims handling services we provide comply with Commonwealth and State / Territory government requirements and Insurance Council of Australia guidelines. Our staff and trade service providers have been informed of their obligations and the relevant restrictions applicable to work locations.
For any area of concern where a ‘Stay at Home or Lockdown’ Health Directive order is in place, Claim Central is committed to ensuring:
- Workers will not attend a claim site if they are feeling unwell.
- Workers will not attend a claim site if they have been at any of the listed COVID-10 hotspot venues on the specified dates and times.
- Workers will follow recommended good hygiene practices, such as regular handwashing and hand sanitising.
- Workers will continue to wear masks at all indoor settings and where required outdoors.
- Workers will have no physical contact with occupants.
Workers will be contacting you before attending your claim site to verify if an occupant of the premises is a confirmed (primary contact), close contact (secondary contact) or a casual contact case(s). If there are any, please let your Claim Central Representative know and where appropriate we will reschedule the site visit.
If an occupant at your claim site has been contacted by the local Health Department as a confirmed (primary contact), close contact (secondary contact) or a casual contact, you are required to inform your Claim Central Representative and the occupant(s) follow the department’s advice. Where appropriate, we will reschedule any site visits, assessments or repairs.
For areas under ‘lockdown’ restrictions [as at 17/08/2021]:
- Critical and urgent work will continue.
- Construction work will occur at unoccupied premises under strict worker restrictions.
- Construction work at occupied premises, renovations, repairs, maintenance and cleaning will occur only if urgently required for the health, safety or security of the premises or members of the household or because of an emergency.
Whilst COVID-19 has presented significant challenges, Claim Central will continue to work with you and appreciates your support to deliver our essential services to you safely and as soon as practically possible. We are all working together to keep our communities safe.
Please contact one of our Claim Central Representative on 1300 743 673 if you wish to discuss any aspect of your claim.
Keep up to date with the latest government COVID updates and guide for businesses:
Claim Central Pty Limited ABN 61 102 685 343 is a Corporate Authorised Representative (AR No. 001291075) of Insurx Pty Ltd ABN 85 628 930 334; AFSL 528534.
Information provided is general in nature and not intended to be personal advice that is suited to any one person’s particular circumstances.
Media EnquiriesFor all media-related enquiries please contact Jessica Srbinoski:
Sign up to Claim Central news:
- 1300 743 673
(Visit our Contact page for translation, speech and hearing impaired services.)
- PO Box 4017,
South Maroubra NSW 2035